With the news on Windows Phone GDR3, Microsoft is happy to announce a new platform for Windows Phone developers which was expected and a requirement that was shared earlier. A new program called Window Phone Preview for Developers has been launched which gives the app developers an early access to the Windows Phone platform before it goes live to the public. This preview program will give developers a much early access to the platform to test their application and get to know if it works perfectly with the new environment and new code.
So who can participate ?
We have a restriction here, not every one can participate in this developer program. Microsoft has came up with 3 conditions upon which you can have this early bird access to the updates and features. The 3 conditions are
- A Windows Phone device which is developer unlocked
- A registered Windows Phone developer account (which is active)
- A registered Windows Phone App Studio developer account.
Note – There are few points which as a developer you should understand on why you need to use this Developer Program and how to effectively use this developer program. Below are some of the key points to be considered while being a part of this program.
- The update includes only Microsoft code changes and you will not see any firmware update and driver updates through this Developer preview.
- Once you opt to go ahead with the update it will be a forward process only, you can go back to prior version or release or update (So think twice before you update to latest through this program)
- Once install the latest update you may void any warranty from OEMs and Manufacturer and there is a possibility that the update might not be stable to use.