Last month we got an update that Windows Phone 8 will be officially launched by 4th quarter of this year and now we get some update that Windows Phone 8 will be releasing by November 2012. As per the sources its been like the RTM will be released by September 2012 for the development and the devices will be launched by later November 2012. Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 will enable new hardware types according to the company, and it will also allow developers to easily build apps for both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 and port apps from one to the other. [more]
What are the features?
- Windows Phone 8 will support multi-core chipsets, testing has been done with devices up to 64 cores.
- Windows Phone 8 will be optimized for dual-core processors at launch.
- Windows Phone 8 will support 720p and WXGA display resolutions as well.
- Windows Phone 8 will also introduce microSD card support to Microsoft-powered smartphones.
- Windows Phone 8 will also replace Bing maps with Nokia Maps and navigation.
- Windows Phone 8 will support smaller tiles, larger tiles and wider tiles to make full use of the coming wave of higher-resolution displays on Windows Phone.