Yet another update from Microsoft Azure Cloud Team!!!
This shows the rigorous effort the Microsoft Azure team puts on to provide a wonderful product to the customers. It was on September 14th at Build Conference Microsoft announced the availability of Windows Azure SDK 1.5 and Windows Azure tools for Visual Studio 2010. We can download the installation filed using the link below.[more]
Windows Azure SDK includes the following new features
- Re-architected emulator
- Improvement on the performance of the emulator
- Uploading service certificates with csupload.exe tool
- New tool csencrypt.exe to help manage remote desktop encryption passwords
- Enhancements and fixes to Windows Azure SDK 1.4
Below are the list of enhancements with respect to Windows Azure tools for Visual Studio 2010
- Add Windows Azure Deployment project from Web Application project.
- Profile applications running in Windows Azure.
- Create ASP.NET MVC3 Web Roles.
- Manage multiple service configurations in one cloud project.
- Improved validation of Windows Azure packages.
Also Microsoft has release the new service management APIs to be used for the following scenarios:
- Service Upgrade
- Ability to Invoke Multiple “write” Operations on an Ongoing Deployment
- Descriptive Status for Role Instances
- New API Method: Get Subscription
Hope Microsoft comes with more enhanced options in the next release as well.