The Windows Azure Platform PowerShell Cmdlets 2.0 enable you to browse, configure, and manage Windows Azure Compute and Storage services directly from PowerShell. These tools can be helpful when developing and testing applications that use Windows Azure Services. For instance, using these tools you can easily script the deployment and upgrade of Windows Azure applications, change the configuration for a role, and set and manage your diagnostic configuration and diagnostic data.[more]
The Windows Azure Platform Powershell Cmdlets 2.0 changes includes the following
- Improved Support for Hosted Services Management, Affinity Groups, Storage Accounts, Storage and Instance Management.
- Enhanced Diagnostics Support: Manage all aspects of Windows Azure Diagnostics from PowerShell.
- SQL Azure Support: Add/Remove/Update SQL Azure Servers
- Storage Analytics Support: Enable or Disable Storage Analytics for your Storage Account.
- The Access Control Service PowerShell Cmdlets have been merged with the existing Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets so you can deploy both in a single installation.
- Some of the cmdlets have been renamed and others have been enhanced in order to follow the PowerShell cmdlets design guidelines more closely.
- The namespaces in the cmdlets solution have undergone substantial change.
Download the Windows Azure Platform Powershell Cmdlets 2.0 using the link http://wappowershell.codeplex.com/releases
To get the complete documentation and the step by step process installation use the link http://wappowershell.codeplex.com/documentation