Microsoft and Nokia are in process of updating all the Windows Phone devices with a new update to upgrade their Windows Phone 7 devices to Windows Phone 7.8. Some of the features will be released from Microsoft end and few other which are specific to Nokia devices are from Nokia directly. Right now we can get the update on your Windows Phone 7 devices once its been pushed from the Microsoft or Nokia servers and also we can do a force installation of the update which we will see in our next post. So here lets see what are the new features that are planned to release with the Windows Phone 7.8 update. [more]
As mentioned, there will be few features from Microsoft and Nokia separately that will be installed in the complete package from the Windows Phone 7.8 update.
- New start screen experience with more room for your Live Tiles which is resizable.
- Bing Map images can be made as the Lock Screen Wallpaper
- Pocket and child Lock screen Security which is basically Kids corner format.
- 20 new accent theme colors to select.
- Bluetooth Share (for DRM free media files).
- Cinema graph add-on to create blend and photo and movie-like animation, creating photos that are alive.
- New camera lenses to remove moving, unwanted objects in your photos such as passers-by or people on the edge of the shot the spoil the photo.
- Updated Contacts Transfer application.
- Updates Contact Share application.
- Ringtone Maker application.
I am still waiting to get a chance to install the update on my device and its perfectly the right update which all Windows Phone 7 devices are waiting for. Lets see how soon we will get this update on our devices.