It was another launch day in the month of February where Microsoft officially launched OneDrive by taking off the SkyDrive permanently. There was a round table closed group discussion yesterday in JW Marriott Bangalore where we got chance to discuss about the new OneDrive product and its features. As a whole OneDrive is a separate entity launched and its not a replace of SkyDrive as a whole. The discussion is kick started by Mr SenthilKumar Sundaram, Director Product Marketing from Microsoft India who took over showcasing the different features that are available with One Drive.
- O365 Collaboration which helps in real time editing of documents for multi-user environment
- Video transcoding which helps low bandwidth user to encode and stream the video as per the bandwidth available.
- Camera Backup facility not only for Windows Phone, but as well for iPhone, Android which gives users an extra 3GB storage free.
- Refer a friend and get 500MB free space, like dropbox but limited to 10 referrals.
- Monthly prices to use the storage as and when needed like $4.49 for 50GB, $7.49 for 100GB and $11.49 for 200GB
Overall it was an awesome experience to understand the new and exciting features that are incorporated with OneDrive as a product. Later in the evening we discussed about Outlook.com one year journey with how productive it was compared to the other emailing clients. There was lots of discussion about how we can make Outlook.com productive and utilize most of the killer features out of the box.
The event is concluded with a nice yummy cake cutting by Mr SenthilKumar Sundaram, Director from Microsoft India followed by networking and high tea.