- Processing is very slow in nature.
- Object serialization and de-serialization creates overhead for application.
- As the session data is handled in different server, so we have to take care of SQL server. It should be always up and running.
- We can use custom session mode in following of the cases,
- We want to store session data rather than SQL Server.
- When we have to use some Existing table to store session data.
- When we need to create our own session ID.
- It is useful when we have to use some old database rather than SQL Server.
- It’s not depending on IIS , So Restarting web server does not make any effects on session data.
- We can create our own algorithm for generating Session ID.
- Processing of Data is very slow.
- Creating a custom state provider is a low-level task that needs to be handled carefully to ensure security.
- QueryString is way to transfer information from one page to another through the URL.
- QueryString is attached to the URL with “?”.
- Supported by all the browsers
- No extra effort is needed to code.
- Easy to use.
- All the attributes and values are visible to the end user. Therefore, they are not secure.
- There is a limit to URL length of 255 characters.
- Sometimes, other than round-trip cycle of asp.net web page we need to post one page to another page by configuring controls to be posted to different target page. This is referenced as cross page posting in ASP.NET.
- Cross page posting is a new feature introduced in ASP.NET 2.0, which eases the life of developers previously they have to use Server.Transfer which has its own advantages and disadvantages but now this is a part of ASP.NET which results flexibility and efficiency.
It is a new technique in ASP.NET 2.0 which can automatically invalidate a cached data object just like a Dataset. when the related data is modified in the database. So for instance if you have a dataset which is tied up to a database tables any changes in the database table will invalidate the cached data object which can be a dataset or a data source.
To enable this we need a syntax that is as follows:-
aspnet_regsql -ed -E -d Northwind
-ed :- command-line switch
-E: – Use trusted connection
-S: – Specify server name it other than the current computer you are working on
-d: – Database Name
- It used to implement session level and application level events raised by ASP.net or by HTTP modules.
- It is also known as ASP.net application file and resides in the root directory of the ASP.NET application.
- Events available with global.asax are as follows
Disclaimer – F5debug Interview Questions & Answers Series:
You may recopy extracts from these pages (“the material”) to individual third party websites or to any intranet websites, but only if:
You acknowledge www.f5debug.net as the source of the material. Such acknowledgment should include reference to www.f5debug.net in the copy of the material and should also include “© Karthikeyan Anbarasan, www.f5debug.net “. You inform the third party that these conditions apply to him/her and that he/she must comply with them.